Hot Dogs and P-Nut Butter -->

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

THE BLESSING OF COURAGE

Right now I'm feeling scared. I have been fighting this feeling for days and today I finally exploded. But I exploded to the only one who I can truly rely on. Some of you know that I am going to have surgery next week and I have prayed daily for strength to get through this and the faith to sustain whatever will happen. On one hand I feel foolish for feeling the lack of faith my mouth is expressing and on the other hand I am grateful that this feeling is happening to me because it only brings me closer to the one that I know will never forsake me. I feel weary and overwhelmed by these emotions and as a woman of faith I must remember Jesus' words: "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked" (Luke 12:48).

Many blessings have been given to me. I know God didn't bless me with these gifts so I could sit back in the recliner and keep them all to myself. I think about my granddaughter Aimee and how empty she feels sometimes and yet she doesn't know why or my daughter Lisa who is in a constant struggle with decisions in her life. Sometimes life becomes so complicated we feel as if we've gone as far as we can down this stressful highway. We imagine ourselves smashed up against a brick wall, unable to answer one more call, hear one more complaint, and take one more breath. When that's the image that fills your mind, change the brick wall to God. Imagine yourself pressed tightly against His heart, wrapped in His everlasting arms, soothed by His life-giving breath. Picture yourself encircled in God's love, soaked in His strength. Then step out onto the highway once more. If I can just keep this in mind I know I will get through this surgery a stronger woman. Praise God!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I know it is very scary and we will all be praying for you. I wish I could give you giant hugs. You'll be okay and then we'll see you in April! xo

9:57 PM  
Blogger mrsskeels said...

Arent' these girls great! I can't beleive I had a little bit to do with that. Thankfully, I wasn't alone. We all know the real work didn't come from me at all, but from Him. We are all holding you up in prayer, Mom. God promises us that "Where two or more are gathered, there He will also be". You are not alone. I will see you in a few days. We have all put your life into the best hands available. I will do what I do with Aimee before her proceedures, pray with you and over you before we leave you in your surgeon's capable hands. We're sending virtual hugs....can you feel them?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

You are right Lisa. We are just a vessel for our Lord. But isn't it nice to know He has Blessed both of us with children, respectfully!
This Grandmother/Mother couldn't be prouder of her "children".
Blessings,

10:29 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

You write very eloquently, a gift you should cherish. I feel that you are in the best hands possible and that all will go well. I am glad my sister can be there with you in your need of comfort and support. :)

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home